When a user wants to switch from one application to another, they must convert their emails from one format to another. This article will demonstrate how to convert EML to PST file format for free. Use the EML to PST converter software for better conversion.
EML (Extended Markup Language)
An EML file contains only one email message. It saves the email text, sender information, recipient information, and the message’s date. Because it only saves the data for a single email message, an EML file is relatively small. EML is the email format used by Outlook Express and Windows Mail (formerly known as Windows Live Mail).
PST (Personal Storage Table)
A Personal Storage Table (PST) is a file that stores the entire mailbox associated with a user account in the Microsoft Outlook application. It differs from an EML file in that it is a large container for storing multiple mailbox folders in a structured format. Its size can be in the hundreds of gigabytes, and it’s created by a variety of email servers, including Exchange, Office 365, IMAP, POP, and others.
How do I Convert EML to a PST File Format?
Method of Drag-and-Drop
If you only have a few EML files, you can simply drag and drop them into an Outlook folder. On the other hand, This method requires Microsoft Outlook to be installed on your computer.
- Firstly, From the application menu, select MS Outlook.
- Secondly, Go to the folder where the EML files were saved.
- Thirdly, Choose between a single EML file and multiple EML files.
- By releasing the mouse hold, drag these files into an Outlook folder with the mouse pointer.
- The files have been relocated.
How to Use Windows Live Mail
If you’re still using an older version of Windows Live Mail, you can easily convert the EML file to the PST format, which is supported by Exchange. Follow the steps below:
- In the toolbar, select File and then Export Email. Then select Email Messages from the drop-down menu.
- Then, Choose Microsoft Exchange as the program to export your emails from. Next should be selected.
- ‘This will export messages from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange,’ says a message. Click the OK button.
- Choose the folder you’d like to move to Outlook. Individual folders can be selected using a different option. Click the OK button.
- The messages have begun to be exported. You can cancel the process by clicking the Cancel button.
- The procedure for exporting has been completed. Your messages were successfully exported using the Microsoft Exchange format, according to the successful message. Finish by clicking the Finish button.
The Requirement to Convert EML Files to PST
We demonstrated how to convert EML files from Windows Live Mail to PST format using a simple free method. However, the question of why a user would need to convert EML to PST file format arises. The following are some of the most important reasons:
- EML files are single email files that can be easily infected by malware or viruses. Exporting them to PST files can help you protect your important emails from being corrupted.
- Only an email client that supports the EML format can open the file. The PST file, on the other hand, will open in any version of Microsoft Outlook.
- The EML only saves one email file. It’s difficult to keep track of multiple EML files separately. When you convert them to PST, they become a single file that you can manage in Outlook.
- If you want to use MS Outlook as your primary email client, you’ll need to transfer all of your existing emails here.
- These are some of the most compelling reasons for users to convert EML to PST file formats.
In conclusion, The two free methods for converting EML to PST are only marginally useful. However, Drag and drop can only move a limited number of files, and the Windows Live Mail application is no longer supported by Microsoft.
You should use a professional EML to PST Converter software that can export an unlimited number of EML files if you want a more secure export process. Before moving EML files, the software will show a preview of them and apply appropriate filters. It will convert the entire email structure, including the text, subject, to, from, sender, recipient, and sent date.