What exactly Botox treatment is?
Botox is a drug used for medical purposes – treat certain muscles, or cosmetically used to reduce wrinkles by paralyzing muscles temporarily. Botox treatment is a cosmetic procedure that uses small doses of botulinum toxin type A to temporarily weaken or paralyze muscles. It is a safe and effective non-surgical cosmetic treatment that uses injections to relax wrinkle muscles.
Before undertaking the treatment, you need to have minimal preparation such as:
- Let your physician know about your medical history or conditions, and allergies if any.
- Remove all your makeup and clean the area to be treated.
- Try to avoid medicines like aspirin as it may cause bruising.
- Make sure that the treatment is done by a licensed physician, assistant physician, or nurse.
- Try to avoid using this procedure during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Areas of Botox Treatment
Botox is a neurotoxin that has both medical and cosmetic uses. Cosmetically, Botox injections can be used in the area between the eyebrows, around the eyes, forehead, chin, and corners of the mouth. Botox is FDA approved and its dosage can treat overactive bladder, excessive sweating in underarms, eyelid spasms, or crossed eyes, etc.
How does Botox treatment works?
Before using Botox treatment in Montreal you need to know that Botox targets the nervous system, blocking the nerve signaling processes and muscle contractions temporarily. This is how the dosage paralyzes the muscles temporarily. This helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles between the eyebrows (glabellar region) and around the eyes. It also reduces the formation of new fine lines by preventing the muscle cells from contracting.
Botox is used by medical professionals to treat a variety of medical problems, especially problems related to the neuromuscular system. The FDA approved Botox can have the following uses:
- Treat the neurological disorder that causes muscle contraction around the eyes, known as blepharospasm.
- Treat hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating in a specific part. or the whole body. It is generally active in the underarms, hands, feet, and groin.
- Treat strabismus, a disorder in which both the eyes do not align properly or focus at the same spot.
- Treat cervical dystonia, a neurological disorder in which the neck muscles contract involuntarily, causing neck pain.
- Moreover, treat chronic migraine conditions.
- Treat upper or lower limb spasticity
- Reducing symptoms of an overactive bladder.
Botox is primarily used for reducing the appearance of wrinkles on the facial area. Botox injections have become the most popular cosmetic procedure these days. The effects of the treatment last for 3-12 months, depending on its type. The most common cosmetic uses of Botox are as follows:
- It can be used to improve the skin appearance by relaxing your muscles which in turn reduces the look of wrinkles around your frown lines, forehead, mouth, and chin.
- Furthermore, it can be used to lift the facial areas like the lower face, nose, or jawline without invasive surgery.
- It can be used for lip treatments like enhancing the upper lip, smoothing lip lines, or reduce creases around the lips, etc.
Medical professionals or treatment providers use Botulinum toxin in dilute form, injecting it into the neuromuscular tissues. In addition, you need to know that it does not involve general anesthesia. Physicians inject 3-5 injections of Botulinum toxin type A into the targeted area using thin needles.
If you are planning to take Botox treatment in Montreal, keep in mind that the toxin takes 24-72 hours to come into effect. However, it may take up to 5 days to show full effects.
Risks or Side-Effects
Botox treatment can cause some unwanted effects depending on the type of treatment and the patient’s response to it, which includes:
- An upset stomach
- Mild pain or swelling around the injectable area
- Temporary eyelid drooping
Now that you have a brief idea of Botox treatment, its uses, and its side effects, make sure to discuss your medical history with your treatment provider before using it. Also, look for the reviews and feedback given by the clients before booking an appointment in a clinic for Botox treatment in Montreal.
Read more about What is Organic SEO and how it works?